Saturday, October 26, 2013

I Can’t Funeral


Please bow your heads.

Friends, we gather here today to honor the memory of “I Can’t.”

While he was with us on Earth, he touched the lives of everyone, some more than others. His name, unfortunately, has been spoken in every public building—schools, city halls, state capitols, and, yes, even the White House.

We have provided “I Can’t” with a final resting place and a headstone that contains his epitaph. He is survived by his brother and sister, “I Can” and “I’m Going to Right Away.” They are not as well known as their famous relative and are certainly not as strong and powerful, yet. Perhaps some day with your help they will make an even bigger mark on the world.

May he rest in peace and may everyone present pick up their lives and move forward in his absence. Amen.
Written by Jack Canfield

When I was on my way to the bookstore today, I was thinking about how many times I have uttered the words, “I can’t.” I’m an avid supporter of other people. I tell them that they can do anything that they set their mind to do. But sometimes I get inside my own head and listen to my own negative self-talk. I thought that maybe other people might sometimes have the same feelings. So, I decided to anonymously give support to someone.

Today’s gift was to write on post it notes encouraging words like, “you are awesome,” “don’t give up,” and “keep up the good work” and stick them in my used books that I was giving to the bookstore.

I imagined how I would feel reading through a novel and see that someone left a few kind words anonymously for me. Maybe it will make someone feel happier to think that just maybe “I Can” instead of resuscitating “I Can’t.”

In Giving,

Robin

No comments:

Post a Comment