Saturday, March 15, 2014

An Olympic Medal Winner

Recently, John Morgan won three medals in the Olympics in tennis—a silver and two bronzes. It is an accomplishment that would be exciting for anyone, but especially for John because he proudly told me that he just turned 90 years old. 

Besides tennis, one of his many passions is giving away scholarships to high school students. John and my speaker friend, Kathy Loveless, arrange two programs each year to award scholarship to more than 800 deserving high school students. Kathy and John coordinate the event by securing the donors who give the money for the scholarships, arranging speakers for the event and enlisting high schools to select the deserving recipients.

John needed a new photo for the brochure. I asked if he would allow me to video him talking about the American Free Enterprise Scholarship Program and his involvement in the Senior Olympics. Watch the video here.



Today’s gift was to capture this amazing man’s enthusiasm in a photo and on video. John is such an inspiration. Even though I may not ever match the number of medals that he has won in the Olympics, I certainly hope that I am as excited about life as he is.

In Giving,

Robin


No comments:

Post a Comment