Friday, March 28, 2014

Not the Sharpest Knife

Timothy Chapek, 25, allegedly broke into a home in Portland, Oregon to take a shower. When he heard the owner come home, he got scared. And yes, called 911.
While he's calling 911, you can hear homeowner Hillary McKenzie: "Why are you in my house talking a shower?"
Chapek: "I'm sorry. My name is Timothy Chapek."
McKenzie: "Why are you in my shower?"
Chapek: "I broke in. . ."
McKenzie: "Alright, I am calling the police."
Chapek: "I have already called them, they are on the phone, right now."
She called the dispatcher... and they both had a good laugh.
McKenzie: "He's in the bathroom, the door's shut, and he said he is there, and I said (laughing), 'who the heck are you?"
911 operator: "Did he sound like he was high or drunk?"
McKenzie: "Well, he is obviously nuts."

That is almost as bad as:
Just last month, in Connecticut, a man called 911 to ask if he could get arrested for growing just one marijuana plant. It turns out, the answer is yes.

When this criminal burglarized a house, he forgot to take one important item:
Police say a man burglarized a home, but left something very personal behind—his cell phone. Police were able to trace the phone right to him. Neighbor Dan Styers just couldn’t believe how stupid the criminal was, “I've never heard of anything like that. People leaving stuff behind, normally they are taking stuff.”

Then there were the beer bandits:
You know when it's a bad time to try to steal a case of beer and some snacks from a convenience store? When there are four Sheriff's Deputies just feet away at the register. This hard lesson was learned when two men tried to steal $18.76 worth of brew and munchies. As soon as they made a dash for the door, the uniformed Deputies followed and arrested them.
Today’s gift was to check on a friend’s house who is out of town. She had asked me to be sure everything looked like it was in order. Since burglars often are not the sharpest knife in the drawer, I don’t want my friend to worry about finding one in her shower.
In Giving, 

Robin

No comments:

Post a Comment