Monday, March 31, 2014

Hugging Instructions Not Included

More than 20 years ago I became a member of the National Speakers Association (NSA). I treasure the hundreds of friendships that I have formed including four people with whom I became partners in a newly formed business. Several of us formed mastermind groups or became accountability partners. Some of the people I got to rub elbows with were famous in the world of motivational speaking like Les Brown, Gladys Knight, Zig Zigler, Brian Tracy, Jeannie Robertson, Connie Podesta, and Mark Sanborn among many others. When I am with these thought leaders, I get energized as they fill my mind full of new, creative ideas.

At my second NSA convention, I was asked to write and perform a parody about a speaker’s first time experience attending an annual NSA conference with over 2,000 speakers. My skit was to introduce a concept that is well known among NSA’ers—hugging. There is so much of it going on, everyone leaves the conference feeling like they have been wrapped in bundles of love.

My friends and I demonstrated various styles of hugs. They were:
A-frame Hug 

Side Hug 

One arm hug 

Bear Hug 


Today’s gift was to invite a friend to attend the NSA convention that will be held in June. The coupon I sent entitles her to receive a $175 discount on her conference fee. She has been thinking of becoming a speaker and this could lessen her learning curve to achieving her dream. She is known for her big bear hugs, so she won’t need hugging instructions.

In Giving and Hugging,


Robin

No comments:

Post a Comment