Saturday, April 19, 2014

Lost and Found


Even when I was a kid I had a healthy respect for my things. So, I was upset with myself when I lost money that had been given to me for my birthday.

In the downtown Montgomery Wards store, I looked at almost every record album cover and just couldn’t decide which one to buy. I swooned over Bobby Goldsboro, The Monkees and the Beatles. I finally decided on Donny Osmond. I took the album to the cash register and reached in my pants pocket for my money, but it wasn’t there. My heart sank. I ran back to the album rack and looked on the floor and between the albums.

When I told Mom and Dad about it they said it was a good lesson to learn about being careful with my money. Later, I was able to buy the album when I saved enough of my allowance money.

Today, I was on the other side of that scenario. When I was walking with Louise, my neighbor, I found a 3/8” wood drill bit for a hand driven brace. I gave it to her husband who loves woodworking. He makes beautiful wood tables, guns and dressers and told me that he would sharpen it and put it to good use. I’m sorry for the person who lost it but glad it ended up in a craftsman’s hands.

In Giving,
Robin

No comments:

Post a Comment