Sunday, December 8, 2013

Ski Bum Scholarship

Vasu Sojitra is an inspiration. He said, “I've been an above-the-knee amputee for over 21 years. For 12 of those years I've pursued my passion, skiing. I started backcountry skiing three years ago and got hooked!” I learned about Vasu on Facebook when a friend wrote that this amazing guy is one of her son’s friends.

In the posting was a link to the Columbia Sportswear Company website. Vaus posted a video of him skiing at Stowe Mountain Resort prior to the season opening this year. He is one of about 50 people vying for the 2013 Ski Bum Scholarship. The package includes round-trip airfare for him and a guest to Whistler, British Columbia, three months' accommodations, two season passes to Whistler-Blackcomb Ski Resort, a food stipend of $100 per day, two (2) public transportation passes, Columbia ski gear and $11,000.

Vaus said, “Skiing at Whistler would be a dream come true and I would use the opportunity to grow as an athlete and as an ambassador for adaptive sports.” As of today Vaus ranks number two in the balloting. He seems like the type of person who believes he can do almost anything. I think he would be a great representative for Columbia Sports and the adaptive athletes community.

Today’s gift was to vote for Vaus. If he wins, I am sure he will continue to encourage everyone he encounters by demonstrating that you can live your dream regardless of anything that might be considered a limitation. Click here to vote for him to show your support for his determination.

In Giving,


Robin

No comments:

Post a Comment