Monday, January 6, 2014

New Year’s Resolutions—The Week After

So, how are you doing with your 2014 New Year’s resolutions? If you are like me, a mere six days into it, I’m gasping for air. What possessed me to set those virtually unattainable goals? Did I think the big red “S” for Superwoman emblazoned on my chest was going to give me superhuman powers to keep my resolutions this time? And here I am, not even one week into the new year, daydreaming about how nice it was not have pressure to achieve goals at the end of 2013.

If my goal-setting dilemma is similar to yours, we aren’t alone. According to a Harris Interactive poll conducted in December of 3,036 U.S. adults, their goals for 2014 were:
  • Lose weight (21 percent)
  • Improve finances (14 percent)
  • Exercise (14 percent)
  • Get a new job (10 percent)
  • Eat more healthfully (7 percent)
  • Stop smoking (5 percent)
  • Manage stress better (5 percent)
  • Improve a relationship (5 percent) 

Today’s gift was to help others achieve the goal of exercise by writing an endorsement for my trainer on Yelp. Here’s what I wrote. I gave her a five out of five star rating.

Tara Frey, owner of Catalyst Fitness, is an awesome fitness trainer. She is very knowledgeable about individual physical limitations and takes that into consideration to provide exercises for a good workout. I have been training with her for almost two years and she has designed a program that keeps me physically healthy and able to enjoy fun activities. I have referred other people to her. One person said, "She really listens. I had an injury and she listened to how I felt and was able to help me become strong again." Anyone who is looking to get stronger, would benefit from Tara's training. She is very reasonably priced and offers the first session for free.

Tara has helped me to achieve my goal of physical fitness by working out with her on a weekly basis. Now, if I can just find someone who will challenge me on the other goals, maybe I’ll achieve them this year, even if I don’t really have a big red “S” on my chest.

In Giving,


Robin

No comments:

Post a Comment