Sunday, January 26, 2014

Who is on the Red Carpet?

When it comes to music I’m kind of a “retro” addict. Meaning that I listen to songs from the 70’s and 80’s. So, I decided it was about time to update my music by listening to Adult Alternative music stations and watching reality music shows on television. I uploaded the new songs on my Ipod and I burned a CD for the car. Here is my playlist:

Are You Listening                   Kopecky Family Band
Royals                                       Lorde
Done                                          The Band Perry
Not Ready to Make Nice        Dixie Chicks
Follow Your Arrow                  Kacey Musgraves
Compass                                   Lady Antbellum
When I was Your Man             Bruno Mars
Breathe (2 AM)                         Anna Nalick            
Why                                            Annie Lennox
Gold On the Ceiling                The Black Keys                        
That Wasn't Me                        Brandi Carlile
Blues All Night                         Charlie Musselwhite        
Next to Me                                 Emeli Sandé                    
Wide Awake                              Katy Perry              
Love Somebody                       Maroon 5       
I Knew You Were Trouble      Taylor Swift                     
Sad                                              Maroon 5                         
Mean                                           Taylor Swift   
Bound for Glory                        Tedeschi Trucks Band             
Yell Fire!                                     Michael Franti & Spearhead              
A Little Bit Stronger                 Sara Evans                     
Some People Change             Montgomery Gentry        
Angel                                          Sarah McLachlan            
Diamonds                                  Rihanna        

I was talking to a friend who has had some rough times recently and needed some inspiration. I thought many of the musical selections on my list could give her a boost.                 

Today’s gift was to send this playlist to my friend. She was so excited that she is now sending it to her friends who need a little encouragement. Many of these artists and songs have been nominated for Grammy awards tonight . . . maybe I’ll get a new list of songs that motivate me.

In Giving,


Robin

No comments:

Post a Comment