Sunday, May 4, 2014

Namaste


Do you know what these represent?
  • Down Dog
  • Sun Salutation
  • Warrior
  • Sphinx
  • Cobblers
  • Triangle
  • Wisdom
These are the names of yoga poses. Recently I had pain in my knee and lower back and the doctor recommended yoga stretches. My trainer designed a stretching workout that included some of the above. When I described my routine to friends they asked me to demonstrate. I suggested they join me.

Today’s gift was to teach my friends some yoga stretches. We hiked a short distance to a wooden platform that was big enough for all four of us. Beneath the sheer canyon walls that towered above us, I led the stretching, as we breathed in unison with the stream. Afterward we all felt energized and ended our session by saying Namaste (pronounced näm-ə-stā) which means the goodness in me honors the goodness in you.

In Giving,
Robin

1 comment:

  1. I was there - it was amazing. I still think of you when i do those stretches or see that deck on the hillside.

    ReplyDelete