Thursday, May 8, 2014

Saved from a Ticket


What I saw today that I don’t usually see in Oregon:
  • Lulu Lemon’s flagship women’s sportswear store before the owners made millions of dollars and then lost a chunk of it when they sold “see-through” yoga pants.
  • Street musicians playing the bongo drums and singing, “Get it on, bang a gong.”
  • Bookstore where the majority of books were Zen, Meditation and Yoga.
  • Kite store with odd shapes that they said would fly.
  • A person with emerald green hair.
  • Cannabis store.
  • Perfectly sculpted flowerbeds with a beautiful brick border. The flowers wilted slightly from a fresh snow this morning.
  • Students in graduation caps and gowns walking, jumping and skipping through the mall.
  • Women wearing skintight leggings in shoes with 5-inch heels.
You may have guessed, I was in Boulder, Colorado, on the Pearl St. mall. Parking places are precious so enforcement is stringent. When we left the bookstore we hurried back to the car expecting that our time had expired. Parking tickets are really expensive. Whew! We barely made it before a parking cop got to our car.

Then I noticed the SUV in the parking space beside me had expired. I bought a parking voucher and put it under their wiper blade. As I was getting in my car the owner came rushing around the corner, saw her parking had been updated, smiled and said, “Thank you!” Since she didn’t need it, she asked if someone else could use it and saw the car beside her was expired. She placed it under their wiper as I said, “Great way to pay it forward!” The parking officer came by, checked and moved on. The owner of that car returned just two minutes later and smiled as she pulled the parking voucher off of her windshield. I think she realized how close she came to getting a ticket but had been spared by the grace of somebody. It was fun to watch.

In Giving,
Robin

No comments:

Post a Comment