Saturday, June 28, 2014

In Support of the Troops

Anisa Palmer is an amazing woman. She was recently accepted to the University of Central Florida and begins classes in September 2014 in a duel major. In addition, she is the founder and executive director of “I will survive, Inc.” for Breast Cancer Awareness. Anisa is a mentor for young high school students through the Safe America Foundation and an Army veteran.

In my file cabinet I found a certificate from the Employer Support of the Guard and Reserves (ESGR). Several years ago when we lived in West Virginia, Tim and I both were asked to be Ombudsman for ESGR to work with employers and service members to prevent, reduce or resolve misunderstandings regarding employment rights and responsibilities. We are no longer involved in that program, but I saw an advertisement for American Corporate Partners (ACP), a similar program, in Fortune Magazine. Veterans post questions on the website as they transition from the military to the business community. It is a way to help over 1 million Veterans who are coming home like Anisa. She credits ACP with her success.

Today’s gift was to sign up to be a mentor on the ACP website by offering my expertise to veterans. I would like to support our troops to show that I appreciate the sacrifices that they have made.

In Giving,
Robin

No comments:

Post a Comment