Sunday, June 29, 2014

You Can Call Me a Couch Potato


Today some of the best and the brightest speakers take the stage in San Diego, California. It is the opening of the National Speakers Association (NSA) 2014 Convention.

This is my 20th year being a member. I had other commitments and wasn’t able to be there in person, but it is available for members to attend virtually. I have my Google TV set up and ready to stream the action live! For the next three days, I’ll be a couch potato.

Here are some of the highlights that I am really excited about:
  • Penn Jillette of Penn and Teller will share his secrets about stage presence.
  • Erik Wahl is a Graffiti artist who wrote the book UNthink. He will teach the audience to unlock our untapped potential.
  • Steve Forbes of Forbes Media will talk about the importance of stories.
  • Scott McKain is a well-known television newscaster in the Midwest and will talk about separating the best from the rest.
  • Mark Sanborn will facilitate a panel discussion of CEO’s including Kat Cole, CEO, Cinnabon, Inc. and GJ Hart, President, California Pizza Kitchen.
  • Giovanni, one of my favorite magicians, will talk about the art of storyboarding.
  • A “Speak Tank” will have renowned speakers coaching presenters in front of the live audience.
  • My speech coach, Lou Heckler, will give a presentation about speaking better.
  • One of the most highly sought after, well-paid consultants, Alan Weiss, will talk about Million Dollar Positioning.
  • The closing speaker, Sally Hogshead, will talk about her assessment that teaches people how to be fascinating.
I thought some of these sessions would be appropriate for a few of my friends who are not members of the association. I asked NSA for permission for them to participate. Today’s gift was to send the information to my friends and invite them to be a part of the virtual, action-packed conference. Yes, for the next three days you can call me a couch potato, but I will be learning all the while.

In Giving,
Robin

No comments:

Post a Comment