Thursday, June 12, 2014

Learning to Record Video Bloopers


Recently, I’ve learned a lot about filming video. I converted one of our bedrooms to a studio with a green screen like weather reporters use on television. I also communicate with people through the camera on my computer with web-based programs like Skype.

The online class I teach uses Webex. This program allows everyone to be on video, audio through their computer or on the telephone. It allows me to use PowerPoint slides and even monitor if the students are paying attention. If they click on another screen, for example to look at their email, it flashes a red circle to alert me. Then I can call on them by name and ask them a question. I can tell more about whether they are paying attention online than in class!

Video has made communicating more fun. When people are live on video, there is much greater potential for bloopers. Ellen DeGeneres narrowed down her top five favorite web videos of 2013:

At the Klamath Falls Children’s Museum kids can play in a sound and multi-media exhibit. Today’s gift was a donation the Children’s Museum so they can continue to help children learn how to make their own multimedia productions. One day these kids may be lucky enough to have their video or blooper clip appear on the Ellen DeGeneres show.

In Giving,
Robin

No comments:

Post a Comment