Wednesday, November 6, 2013

Getting by with a Little Help from Our Friends

You give but little when you give of your possessions. It is when you give of yourself that you truly give.                                                                     Kahlil Gibran

There is an amazing business opportunity that has been presented to me that would allow me to help a lot of people. But a hurdle I need to clear is the screening process. I am competing with many other people who would also like to be part of this once in a lifetime endeavor.

I scanned my mental Rolodex for connections in high places that would recommend me so that I would rise to the top of list. I emailed a friend who I thought might know some of the people involved in the selection process. She responded that she has meetings until late this evening and then tomorrow will be travelling on a business trip. Even though she is on a tight schedule, she is going to carve out time to help me.

I am not surprised by her hectic schedule. She amazes me with the number of things she can do at one time—and do them all well. Over the years, I’ve learned a lot from her. One feat that I’ve never quite mastered is the acrobatic maneuver that she performed while driving 65 miles per hour. No kidding, it could have been a winner on America’s Got Talent. While weaving through traffic, she wiggled out of her panty hose and tossed them in the backseat! To me, that was the ultimate in time management. But even though this is the norm for her, sometimes her hectic schedule causes her distress.

For today’s gift, on Stress Awareness Day, I sent her an email telling her the things I appreciate about her. I get by with a lot of help from my friends. They keep me pretty entertained too.

In Giving and Getting Helped,


Robin

No comments:

Post a Comment