Friday, November 8, 2013

Little Miracles

In my last blog post, I recounted my experience being an extra on the television show Touched by an Angel. It continued for nine seasons and had over 25 million viewers. I had so much fun the first time that I did it again.

The next episode that I was a part of guest starred John Savage and Zachary Quinto from Star Trek. The episode took place in a “New York City Apartment.” Actually it was high up on the hill above Salt Lake City in a gorgeous house where the owner of the Utah Jazz once lived.

I had been on the set since 6:00 a.m. but they didn’t start filming until late afternoon possibly because one of the stars was having a hair crisis. I guess the hair stylist must have been tired when she got to me because she slicked my hair back with goo that plastered it to my head. What wasn’t glued down she pulled back in a ponytail with a “scrunchy”. I thought it looked terrible, but after an hour of futzing with it, she seemed pleased.

The director must have had a rough day too. They had hired a famous sushi chef to make the hors d’oeuvre. My part was to walk across the room as I was talking to the man beside me. Well, it wasn’t really talking, just moving our mouths like we were having a conversation. On the first take the director screamed at the chef because the plastic wrap made a rustling sound when he removed it from the sushi. None of us even heard it, but it made everyone a little nervous that they would make a noise and get reprimanded.

Take two—I’m walking and mouthing words and I brush up against a fake tree. It starts teetering. It doesn’t fall over, but the leaves brushing together make a loud swishing sound. All of the extras turn to look at me thinking the director is going to throw me out. Thank goodness he didn’t hear it. Many takes later, it was a “wrap”. I actually got screen time, although I probably wouldn’t be recognized with the hideous hairdo!

Besides wanting to watch myself on the show, the reason I loved it was because of the motivational message. It was heart warming when the main character, after trials and tribulations, changed their way of thinking. Most of the time there were inspirational quotes that the writers wove into the show.

Today’s gift was to share some of that same good feeling. I placed a Little Miracles inspirational card, with a meaningful message concealed inside, on a shelf in a department store. I wrote on the back, “If you find this, it was meant for you.” After they read the hidden message, I hope they feel like they were touched by an angel.

In Giving and encouraging,

Robin

Examples of the quotes inside Little Miracles cards:

Somewhere, someone is looking for exactly what you have to offer. Louise L. Hay

The best and most beautiful things in world cannot be seen or even touched. They must be felt with the heart.
Helen Keller

If you really want to be happy, nobody can stop you!
Sister Mary Tricky

Tears may have dried up, but the heart—never.
Marguerite De Valois

Have faith. What is meant to be will always find a way.
Kaki

If we have no peace it is because we have forgotten that we belong to each other.
Mother Theresa

No comments:

Post a Comment